IMHI Class of 2016-2017

IMHI Class of 2016-2017
Class of 2016-2017

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Where are they now?

Bachir Sanhaji graduated the IMHI program in 2011 and since, has gone on to achieve great success in the field of revenue management in France and Singapore. We had the opportunity to speak with Bachir and ask him about career after ESSEC Business School.

1. What were you doing before the MBA and why did you decide to come to the ESSEC MBA program?

Before joining the ESSEC MBA program, I was working as a Yield Management Assistant at the Ritz Paris. I  joined Ritz Paris right after graduating from a SHA / BBA diploma at Les Roches Swiss Hotel School.

2. Please describe your career path since graduation. What is your current position and responsibilities?

I joined Accor and Novotel right after my graduation as a Revenue Manager in one of the Novotel Flag Ships in France, the Novotel Convention & Wellness, 295 rooms and 1200 sqm of meeting space in Paris CDG Airport. Back then, I was in charge of implementing revenue management tools, strategies, processes as well as managing distribution and reservation department. This first experience was I believe a fast learning track as an Airport Hotel with Convention Center offers typically all the different segments that a hotel can possibly have.

After 2 years, I was given the opportunity to take over the second Novotel in Paris CDG Airport. I held this “cluster” position for the two Novotel units for another year.

Since then, I have moved to Singapore as Cluster Director of Revenue and Distribution for the 2 Sofitel units in the area.

3. What in particular in the MBA in Hospitality Management IMHI program helped you prepare for your career path or qualify you for your current position?

In my opinion, I would say that the most important thing is learning to work as a team. In the work place, we cannot be in charge of everything, and we need to be able to delegate tasks to others, or even to rely on others. With the number of group projects, the ESSEC MBA in Hospitality Management teaches us that.

Another particularity is that the MBA trained us to work hard, not as a sprinter, but as a marathon runner. One of the most famous saying at ESSEC MBA in Hospitality Management is "Work Hard, Play Hard."

4. What is your best memory from your time in the ESSEC MBA program?

Graduation is definitely the best memory. My emotions were mixed between satisfaction of graduating after 2 hard years, and excitement to get down to business.

5. What advice would you give to current students in the program?

Take most out of the program. ESSEC MBA in Hospitality Management allows us not only to follow MBA courses, but also courses from the ESSEC business part. There is a lot to learn! Work with your classmates, as this is what you will be doing once in the work place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.